Free Blogger Templates Provided By Free Website Templates | Freethemes4all.com | SEO Design

.

A Time For Us

It's a cold, rainy Monday in the Land Beneath the Wind and I'm writing this post using my Samsung Mega under the duvet beside my daughter. The curtains are drawn and as I write this, the sea is in my full view. Oh, what bliss!


There is nothing more I love than to be by the sea. The vast spread of rippling waters and the sight of boats bobbing on the surface provides a sense of serenity and calmness not found anywhere else.



What more when I am here with the people I love most...my family, or at least a part of it. We arrived in Kota Kinabalu on Saturday for my stepdaughter's wedding reception on her husband's side. His home town in Tuaran is 30km from Kota Kinabalu.


The newly married couple, my husband, sister and brother-in-law
 and stepdaughter's parents-in-law.

It was so pleasant walking along the waterfront
and stopping by anywhere that caught our fancy.

Azni loves pearls and adorns them almost everyday
as part of her working wardrobe. Most befitting I would say.

The trip was also an opportunity for Marzia to meet up with Dr. Zehan, her childhood friend who is posted to the hospital here. Dr. Zehan joined us for a glorious seafood dinner at the Philippines Market at the Waterfront.

Daughter and sister on the wharf after dinner at a Thai restaurant.

Besides my husband and daughter, my eldest sister Prof. Azni and her husband, Abang Pin are with us. She was so keen to be with us on this trip, wanting to take a break after the hectic and high-profiled Global Economic Summit in which she was Chairperson. It was said to be an astounding success.

My sister is always extremely busy, as she puts the interest of the university on top of her priority list. So time with her is precious and few. We had spent some wonderful time together here shopping, eating, walking along the waterfront and whatever else people do on a holiday.


This is a very, very rare picture of my husband.

We'll be checking out before noon today, and once we're back in KL we'll be back to our normal lives again. Work and life goes on as usual, but the memory of the time we shared together will remain with me for a very long time. The time that was meant only for us.



1 comments:

I had read this post when it came in by email alert just after you had written it. However, I didn't want to comment anything yet at that time due to one thing that was nagging me - the return flight, and the fear which I have to face when inside an aeroplane. Writing about anything might jinx the flight or whatever :-)

That was a very good decision by Azni to book a condominium unit at Marina Court instead of hotel rooms. It was VERY comfortable, and we got a room with a very nice view of the waterfront. The street sounds may be a bit noisy during the night due to the area being one of the centres of attraction in KK, but it was well within tolerable limits.

As you well know, I'm someone who isn't too interested in travelling anywhere. Especially when it involves taking a flight. So this is a rather rare occasion for me. I'm happy that everything went very well, and I must say here that it went beyond what I had expected. If only I could get over this fear of flying...

16 September, 2014 20:01  

Newer Post Older Post Home

 
Cendana NETwww.seodesign.usFree Flash TemplatesRiad In FezFree joomla templatesAgence Web MarocMusic Videos OnlineFree Wordpress Themes Templatesfreethemes4all.comFree Blog TemplatesLast NewsFree CMS TemplatesFree CSS TemplatesSoccer Videos OnlineFree Wordpress ThemesFree Web Templates